Reverse Mortgage Counseling
One of the wonderful things about reverse mortgages, is that everyone obtaining a reverse mortgage must go through counseling. Counseling is a time of education where you can ask as many questions as you like. You can also uncover some things that maybe you did not think about. Counseling must be done before you can obtain a loan.
In your session you will learn about alternative options to a reverse mortgage. You will also learn about the expected and estimated costs to obtain a reverse mortgage. It is great that this safeguard has been put into place to protect seniors from lenders that do not have intentions to work ethically with them.
You can get the name of a local agency to conduct this session from your reverse mortgage lender. If you do not have a reverse mortgage lender, you can also call AARP's toll free number at 1-800-209-8085, or HUD's Housing Counseling service at 1-800-509-4287.
We hope you find our future reverse mortgage posts informative as well. Stay tuned.
If you have additional questions or need immediate assistance, feel free to call Steve Kappre on his cell phone at 856-419-3561.
- Reverse Mortgages ~ Who is Eligible? - Part 1
- Reverse Mortgages ~ Payment Options - Part 2
- Reverse Mortgages ~ Expected Costs, Appraisals, and Title - Part 3
- Reverse Mortgages ~ Counseling - Part 4
- Reverse Mortgages ~ Is Reverse Mortgage Income Taxable? - Part 5
- Reverse Mortgages ~ What Happens When My Reverse Mortgage is Due? - Part 6
- Reverse Mortgages ~ Purchase a Home with a Reverse Mortgage - Part 7
Steve Kappre is a Certified Mortgage Planner with Treasury Mortgage, a subsidiary of Aurora Financial Group, serving all 50 states, focusing on Gloucester, Camden, and Salem County, NJ. Steve specializes in;
• All areas concerning First-Time buyers; First-Time Buyer mortgages, grants, down payment assistance, tax credits, police and fire loans, rehab loans for first time buyers, and more.
• Reverse Mortgages for seniors age 62 or older.
• Equity Management strategies for high-end homes and high net worth individuals.
Contact Steve Kappre directly at 856-419-3561 or at www.stevekappre.com